A5 Wagyu Steaks are the Aston Martin's of steaks. Haha I laugh at myself as I say this, but if you've never had REAL wagyu beef from Japan, then you have GOT to treat yourself to this exquisite steak.
Massaged in the fields of Gunma in Japan, not North of England as so many of the "wagyu"'s are in the UK. Read our article HERE for more information about wagyu!
Wagyu steak comes in different grades of A1 to A5 and A5 is the best and most marbled. It's a rich, buttery, fatty steak that just melts in your mouth.
We recommend that sear it quickly on both sides in a smoking hot pan, then let it rest on a chopping board for a minute but to be honest, you can't overcook this meat so don't worry too much if you're a novice chef.
- 300G A5 Wagyu rib eye steak
- Yuzu Kosho - a citrusy, peppery paste that's made for this steak (not actually but it just works brilliantly together.
- Nama Shoyu - by The Wasabi Company. We were so impressed with this delicious unpasteurised soy sauce that we HAD TO include it with this steak. A light dab of shoyu and yuzu kosho with this steak will blow you away.
Recommended add on:
We'd recommend that you order a a couple of portions of rice to pair with those mouthfuls of fatty beef.
When would I buy this?
- Birthday or anniversary meal - you'd get a quarter of this in a fancy Japanese restaurant for £100. Here, you get to have a whole 300g steak with our favourite condiments for it.
- If you're looking for a gift for your foodie friend, this is the ultimate thoughtful gift!
Allergens: gluten, soy, lupin, sulphites